- The Complete Guide to APA Format in 2019
- Headings and Subheadings
- Title Page
- Abstract Page
- Main Body
- Discussion Page
- Reference Page
- In-text Citations
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Using MyBib Responsibly
- Miscellaneous Questions
APA Format is the official writing style of the American Psychological Association, and is primarily used in subjects such as psychology, education, and the social sciences.
It specifies how to format academic papers and citations for publication in journals, periodicals, and bulletins.
This guide will show you how to prepare and format a document to be fully compliant with APA Format in 2019.
Before You Start Writing…
There are several steps you must take to prepare a new document for APA style before you start writing your paper:
- Make sure the paper size is 8.5″ x 11″ (known as ‘Letter’ in most word processors).
- Set the margin size to 1″ on all sides (2.54cm).
- Change the line spacing to double-spaced.
- Add page numbers to the top-right corner of every page.
- Add a running head to the top-left corner of every page.
We have a pre-made APA style template document you can download to be sure you are ready to start writing. You can download it below:
When your document is ready, proceed to writing the title page.