Generate accurate Harvard references and bibliographies quickly and for FREE, with MyBib!
What is a Harvard Referencing Generator?
A Harvard Referencing Generator is a tool that automatically generates formatted academic references in the Harvard style.
It does this by taking in relevant details about a source — usually critical information like author names, article titles, publish dates, and URLs — and adding the correct punctuation and formatting required by the Harvard style.
The generated references can be copied into a reference list or bibliography, and then collectively appended to the end of an academic assignment in order to give credit to the sources used in the main body of the assignment.
Who uses a Harvard Referencing Generator?
Harvard is the main referencing style at colleges and universities in the United Kingdom and Australia. It is also very popular in other English-speaking countries such as South Africa, Hong Kong, and New Zealand. University-level students in these countries are most likely to use a Harvard generator to aid them with their undergraduate assignments (and often post-graduate too).
Why should I use a Harvard Referencing Generator?
A Harvard Referencing Generator solves two problems:
- It provides a way to organise and keep track of the sources referenced in the content of an academic paper.
- It ensures that references are formatted correctly — inline with the Harvard referencing style — and it does so considerably faster than writing them out manually.
A well-formatted and broad bibliography can account for up to 20% of the total marks for an undergraduate-level project, and using a generator tool can contribute significantly towards earning them.
How do I use MyBib’s Harvard Referencing Generator?
We built our Harvard generator to be the quickest and easiest to use on the internet. Here’s how:
- If citing a book, website, journal, or video: enter the URL or title into the search bar at the top of the page and press the search button.
- Choose the most relevant results from the list of search results.
- Our generator will automatically locate the source details and format them in the correct Harvard format. You can make further changes if required.
- Then either copy the formatted reference directly into your reference list by clicking the ‘copy’ button, or save it to your MyBib account for later.