Effective date: July 17, 2018
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use MyBib and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve MyBib for you.
Types of Data Collected
While using MyBib, we may ask you to provide us with an email address (but only if you create an account to log in with later). No other personal data is collected.
We may also collect information how MyBib is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your browser type, browser version, the pages of MyBib that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of MyBib.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate MyBib and to remember the citations you’ve created.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
MyBib uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain MyBib
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of MyBib when you choose to do so
- To provide support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve MyBib
- To monitor the usage of MyBib
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
MyBib may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of MyBib
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with MyBib (like if you try to break into someone else’s MyBib account)
- To protect the personal safety of users of MyBib or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of MyBib. This data is shared with other Google services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We know that certain information about your students will be contained in records maintained by MyBib and that this information may be considered confidential by reason of the Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (20 U.S. C. 1232g) (FERPA) unless valid consent is obtained from your students or their legal guardians. Accordingly, MyBib uses all commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technical standards to ensure that no unauthorized person gains access to any student information that may be considered confidential under FERPA. We also use all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that we do not inadvertently disclose any student information that may be considered confidential under FERPA to anyone other than personnel within your institution or other individuals that have been authorized by your institution to access such information through the use of our system, persons or organizations providing the student with financial aid, authorized representatives of federal or state governments for the audit and evaluation of federal and state supported programs or other persons as required by law.
MyBib is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org